Friday, May 8, 2015

Up and coming.

I know it's been a while--life happens, am I right? I just wanted to mention some things I'm working on.

1) Enrico and I continue to work on his manuscript in tobacco and coffee shops. Very rewarding to work so closely with an author! I've been charged with researching presses to which we can submit the completed manuscript, so I'm looking forward to (and feel a little apprehensive about) that.

2) My laptop of six years just went kaput, complete with flickering screen and the smell of burning electronics. Now that I've put my massive 8 lb companion to rest, I get to research a lightweight, more portable option that will be easy on my editing eyes. Until we find a good deal, I get to use Brian's old laptop! Yay.

3) I've been feeling like my editing has plateaued lately--I'm not getting any worse, but I'm not getting any better. Certainly I am reminded of certain rules as I research them for my Zharmae books, but I want something a little more structured. I'm thinking an online class. This might not happen until we get to Portugal, but I'll be researching freelance and editing online classes, as well as books that will help improve my editing. I'll probably go back to my college book lists for those :)

4) Waiting to hear back on the results of a copy edit test I took for Lachesis, a press similar to Zharmae except way more established that will *hopefully* pay regularly. Fingers crossed.

Life is good, folks! Upcoming blog posts: transitions in dialogue, changing narrators (or points of view), and character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment